- Type of Position: Full Time – Permanent
- Location: Waterloo, ON
- Education Requirement: University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent experience
- Experience Requirement: 2+ years’ relevant experience
Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, OCTOPUZ Inc. provides offline robot programming and simulation software for businesses of all sizes, from small shops to global corporations. OCTOPUZ is a complete software solution that enables users to program and simulate industrial robots at their computer while generating robot specific code to run jobs in production. Our software solution supports a wide variety of robot applications including welding, trimming, painting, 3-D printing, and more.
OCTOPUZ offers a powerful, flexible, and customizable environment where users can program multiple robots simultaneously without interrupting production.
Our focus is to provide a software solution that enables companies to reach a higher level of efficiency with their processes and opens opportunities for them to enter new markets and expand their business potential.
To learn more, visit our website at www.octopuz.com
About the Role
Ready to get in on the ground floor of the robotics revolution?
Do you love 3D computer graphics and real-time rendering? Do you pride yourself on well-designed, efficiently programmed and reliable code? Do you want to actually leverage the math you learned in school to develop accurate and interactive simulations in a 3D simulation environment; turning complex problems into simple solutions? Then this is the opportunity for you. You will play an integral role in driving the innovation and further refinement of our offline programming solution.
You have a strong fascination in developing a career in robotics and yearn to use your relevant 3D Graphics development experience to make a serious impact.
Are you interested in any of the following areas? (Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to have them all!)
- Designing and implementing innovative 3D user interface elements.
- Researching new technologies and helping to drive selection decision-making.
- Collaborating with internal teams and key users to invent and develop new robotic applications.
- Working on a high-performance team and doing what needs to be done no matter the task.
You get bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Experience building UIs or backends for 3D modeling/rendering tools.
- Knowledge of Ogre, Unity, OpenGL.
- CAD application development.
- Gaming or animation development.
Don’t quite tick all the boxes? Apply anyways! We are always looking for strong talent with the right mix of attitude, work ethic and capability. As a new team member, you’ll work with experienced mentors who will help you realize your potential to achieve your career and personal growth goals. OCTOPUZ is growing and want you to grow with us!No calls or agencies pleaseOCTOPUZ Inc. is committed to ensuring a culture of inclusion and diversity and will consider all applicants regardless of age, marital status, race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, or disability. For those requiring accommodations during any stage of the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-226-894-1253 to speak with Human Resources.