CARFAX Canada is looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Business Data Analyst to be the key bridge in disseminating data into information. Do you live and breathe data? Do you have a need to understand every aspect of data and what it means? Do you enjoy relating data across multiple sources, identifying patterns and troubleshooting issues in a challenging, fast-paced environment? If so, this could be the ideal position for you!
Why CARFAX Canada?
We’re the best at data; that’s why we’re Canada’s choice for detailed vehicle information. We’ve been growing for over 18 years and we know that our incredible team is what’s driven us forward, so we like to keep them incredible. The CARFAX Canada kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and disc golf, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program, so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget, so they can continually build their skillsets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARFAX Canada? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce that we are looking for a new addition to our growing team in the role of Business Data Analyst. This role will be instrumental in assisting the Data Management Team in providing clarity and added-value to our data assets.
The Business Data Analyst will report into the Director of Data Management, they will work closely with their own team as well as members of various departments to increase our data comprehension and maximize its value through a mixture of business intelligence, visualizations and data mining.
The Data Management team is currently evolving and expanding into object data platforms & data lake technologies, in addition to traditional relational data stores. The Business Data Analyst will need to be adaptable to emerging technology and willing to be a part of a continuous learning cycle as we refine the use cases for these newer technologies.
You are a data-focused problem solver that will need to understand complex business problems, articulate them into data-driven experiments or analysis which can then be summarized and reported back to senior level decision makers. You bring an inquisitive mind that will seek opportunities for continuous improvement either through data acquisition recommendations, data quality assessments or self-service reporting. With a detail oriented approach, you will be putting the right data in the right hands to enable the company to make actionable decisions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is excited about data analysis, data quality, data governance and data monetization. If you are somebody who is excited to apply their analytical skills to understand behavior in our data and who will work closely with business and product teams to answer important data questions, then the role of Business Data Analyst is a perfect fit.
- Acting as a subject matter expert with a thorough understanding of the data and its creation.
- Drive value and quality initiatives related to data used in analytics and production.
- Contribute to the team’s data governance practice.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, visualizations and reporting as requested by other internal departments.
- Provide requirements, practices and job-aids for departments to become self-sufficient for repetitive reporting/analytic needs.
- Work with product teams to enrich and refine product offerings with data-driven solutions.
- Develop cross-functional relationships to foster collaboration with teams in Product, Marketing and Finance.
- Identify, research and resolve problems to maintain standards of data quality and accuracy
- Maintain data flow through communication and coordination with stakeholders, IT, management and other external data providers.
Education and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary education, college diploma or university degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience working with large data sets either in the industry or academic equivalent.
- Data Science exposure or experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrable experience with BI Solutions (PowerBI, Cognos, Tableau, etc…).
- Understanding and good working knowledge of the software development life cycle and development process.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong business/data analysis skills required. SQL Query, statistical analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Proven ability to identify and define business requirements and business rules.
- Experience in business analytics an asset (i.e. Financial valuations, quality assessments).
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT processes including MS SSIS & Pentaho Kettle is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of data governance practices and approaches include data policies, data lineage is a strong asset.
- Strong industry knowledge is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset.
CARFAX Canada’s core values are: Be the solution, embrace change, commit and deliver, and powered by passion. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP match program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website.https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax Applications will be accepted until June 24, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.