DevOps Team Lead
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Customer Information for diverse health and social service organizations around the world. In other words, the software you’ll be working on helps make a difference in the lives of people doing great work in communities all over the globe.
Our product is a unique, flexible and comprehensive solution for social service agencies, and this spirit is also reflected in our company culture of innovation, collaboration, and commitment to community.
We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, technically experienced DevOPS Team Lead with the ability to help organize a high-speed delivery team. The successful candidate would be working in Athena's Waterloo based office, managing our DevOPS queue, automating infrastructure provisioning, application deployment, monitoring and implementation of design patterns for Athena's global cloud presence. Experience supporting a global SaaS offering, as a member of a technical team, experience working in an environment where data security is a critical function of operations and being able to contribute to design decisions is highly desirable along with a solid foundation of industry practices in a SaaS environment.
- Ticket queue management
- Internal and external escalations
- Participate in building and maintenance of a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Troubleshoot application issues with Solutions team(s)
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Set up and maintain the cloud environment
- Design, implement, and deploy workloads from initial architecture and design through development, testing, and deployment
- Participate in architectural discussions & requirements gathering to ensure customer success
Here are the kind of traits we value in our teams:
- Fast learner
- High energy with the ability to conquer tough problems and situations
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- An eye for improving efficiencies and a commitment to creative problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - ability to set and enforce processes
- Proactive and effective verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical teammates
- Highly detailed oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Works effectively with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider
- 3-5 years leading a high energy team
- 10 years of professional work experience
- Systems administration and push automation expertise is a must
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (VMware or AWS). Preference to 3+ years hands on experience
- Linux administration experience
- Linux Shell scripting languages for automation purposes
- Solid knowledge of DevOps Software Development Lifecycle and DevOps practices (preferably with Ansible)
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with your Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.