Project theme: Improving user experience for scientific instrumentation software through innovative solutions.
We are transforming our software offerings to improve accuracy, throughput, and overall customer experience. This means a simplified user interface, a streamlined workflow, and an extendable software base through vertical apps and add-ons with built-in machine learning capabilities.
We are strategically located at the Tannery Hub in Kitchener, allowing you to easily interact with startups of all stages and other enterprise innovation labs, so you can stay well-informed about advanced tech.
We are looking for great individuals to join our UX team to help us to develop innovative software experiences. If you have what it takes, let's talk! Please send us a resume & portfolio.
The UX Co-op is required to do the following:
- Assisting in user research activities such as interviewing, survey formation, transcription/ note-taking & usability testing
- Creating wireframes & prototypes based on research findings
- Partaking in sessions with developers and stakeholders to pass along knowledge of major findings
- Coming up with innovative solutions to user problems via collaboration sessions
- Research skills: usability testing, heuristic evaluations, customer journey mapping, flow mapping, interviewing real users (bonus)
- Design skills: wireframing and prototyping (ex. Sketch, Adobe Suite, Axure, etc.)
- Background in Design, HCI, Social Sciences or Software Engineering with UX focus
Compensation and Benefits
$700-$900 Weekly (depends on experience and skillset)
Career Development and Training
A chance to work in both UX research & design in an environment that allows for creative freedom, and collaboration with development teams & business units.