Technical Support Specialist
Fibernetics prides itself on being a disruptive force in the Telecommunications industry and its this drive that fuels our innovation to deliver high tech, cost effective products and solutions to both residential and business customers. At Fibernetics believe in investing in our employees and are looking for individuals that can thrive in our environment and individuals that can turn technology problems and challenges into opportunities to grow!
We are inviting an awesome Technical Support Specialist member to join our NEWT Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The Technical Support Specialists team is the team that delivers expert technical support of our NEWT PBX platform to thousands of business customers across Canada. Your primary focus will be to provide exceptional Day-2 support (beyond implementation cutover day) to customers by working tickets that are created and triaged by our CSR team. This includes corresponding with Customers via email, phone, tickets or chat.
Our NEWT platform delivers state of the art voice and data services to thousands of business customers and as a member of the Technical Support Specialists team, you are expected to comfortably live in a fast paced environment where your expert skillsets around data networking, voice networking and Linux server knowledge will be your life line to be successful.
NEWT Business Services is a division of Fibernetics Corporation located in Cambridge, ON. Our NEWT Managed PBX Business Phone System provides a fully managed digital voice solution for any sized business. When you join NEWT, you will have the opportunity to be a part of our proprietary products and services built from the ground up.
Ways You Contribute
- Provide a positive support experience to our Business customers and users
- Collaborate with our support resources to resolve end user issues
- Ensure feedback regarding tickets is communicated to the appropriate person
- Maintain detailed and consistent levels of ticket quality
- Work with your team to provide input that will help improve processes, documentation, training material, and tools
- Quickly adapt to our fast-paced and always changing support environment
- Take provide in helping our customers
- Experience providing superior service in a help desk environment
- Ability to handle customer concerns, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and handle follow ups to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and have the ability to collaborate effectively with others in a technical and non-technical context
- Ability to remotely guide customers through troubleshooting of their local network
- Outstanding comprehension and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong work ethic and can make decisions in a high stress situation
- Easily follows communications procedures, guidelines and policies
- Fast learner and eager to get started
Must Have Technical Skills
- Natural aptitude towards Linux systems troubleshooting
- 3+ years of experience with Linux CLI administration
- Thorough understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking
- Understanding of switching, routing, VLAN, DHCP, LLDP, CDP, QoS, PPPOE
- Fluent with Linux CLI and Linux networking
- Experience with VoIP and SIP signaling
- Familiarity with Asterisk
- Experience working with VoIP end points
Nice to Have Technical Skills
- Experience with Asterisk
- Experience with other PBX Environments and technologies
- Experience with Cisco IOS
- Experience with scripting languages such as BASH, PERL and Python
- Experience with network diagnostic tools such as tcpdump
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
What Makes Us Awesome
• Opportunity to work alongside peers who are passionate about technology.
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Dog friendly office.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in!