Administrative Assistant (Mat Leave Contract)
Communitech is an industry-led innovation center in Waterloo Region. We help tech companies start, grow and succeed at all stages of their growth and development – from startups to rapidly growing mid-sized companies and large global players.
What kind of people will succeed at Communitech? People who care about our customers, get fully on board with our mission—to help tech companies start, grow and succeed—and work cooperatively with the entire Communitech team. We thrive on taking initiative, managing risks and learning from failure. We want folks who think big but are also willing to push a broom. Think you have what it takes?
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Partnership teams. If you excel at multi-tasking, like to go above and beyond to serve client needs, and can pivot priorities on a dime this role may be for you.
Team Support (90%)
- Act as primary support for team leaders including heads of business development and corporate innovation to provide proactive assistance in the delivery of their mandates. This will include managing schedules, working on presentations and being a key point of contact with many customers and customer executives.
- Responsible for executing specific projects working closely with team members. These include but not limited to:
- Potential Global Tours (logistics, international contacts &customer interactions)
- Potentially assisting with the Corporate Innovation Summit (logistics, senior executive contacts and customer interactions)
- True North event preparation execution at event
- Handle customers’ requests for tours and program/room bookings
- Supporting and participating in broader Communitech events as required
- Other duties as assigned. All duties subject to change.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Solid team player with great communication skills
- Passionate about providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to multi-task and organize activities against constantly changing priorities
- You’ve got an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
- You’re good with spreadsheets and numbers in general
- You see a need and take steps to fill that need without being asked
- You are proactive and seek to solve problems before they arise
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.