Education is a right, not a privilege. Our mission at ApplyBoard is to make quality education accessible to students around the world. Through our platform, students from across the globe have access to the best institutions in Canada and the USA; allowing them to easily pursue their educational dreams. Our experts help streamline the application process from submission to enrolment and take care of all the details in between.
ApplyBoard now has the largest user-base in the study abroad industry in the world. We are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of the fastest growing tech companies in the Waterloo region.
We are a startup built on innovation and diversity. Our team comprises of over 50% women, 10 nationalities and over 25 languages spoken! Over the last 3.5 years, we have grown to have employees internationally, with team members in Canada, Vietnam, China, India, and Nepal, with no signs of slowing down!
The Director of Quality will lead our team of Test Engineers and utilize your industry-proven experience and planning practices to assess business needs, organizational capabilities, IT investments and insights to design and execute actionable Quality Assurance strategies and tactical plans that achieve quality results and increase business value with a clear focus on metrics and defect reduction. You will lead an outstanding team of Test Engineers by providing them with career and skills growth opportunities and interface with senior executives by providing them with clear communication and leadership surrounding the quality and agility of our processes and deliverables.
- Build, Lead, and manage the Software Development Quality team.
- Manage the team to create, update, and maintain the tools and processes by which the ApplyBoard will be instilling quality throughout the Agile CI/CD development, deployment, and release processes.
- Include leading by example on creation and reviews of test plans and coverage maps.
- Work in partnership with the Engineering teams to build and enhance the existing testing capabilities.
- Adoption, educate, and champion the use of appropriate methodologies, test automation, test approaches.
- Design and deliver world-class quality assurance operations that are a showcase of process documentation, communication and defect reduction.
- Function as a trusted leadership team member who collaborates with both business and technical stakeholders, sets direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts, and helps to create an environment which solicits contributions from all participants.
- 15+ years of Technology experience with development of software with the majority of that in commercial or SaaS product development.
- 7+ years in an engineering senior leadership position.
- 3+ years of having quality or QA leadership responsibility.
- Strong experience with test driven development, testing frameworks (including data testing, service testing, performance testing, load testing etc), and test automation.
- Strong experience implementing automated testing in cloud environments in a DevOps/CI/CD based environment where automation is the basis for defect-free releases.
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software testing and able to define, document and put key Agile principles into practice to test solutions incrementally including continuous testing.
- Experience in systematic communication with stakeholders throughout the project to ensure timely implementation and defect free roll-out.
- Experience in monitoring industry trends and directions; developing and presenting substantive technology recommendations to senior management.
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both technology and business partners.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of project management principles and Agile methodology.
- Hands-on experience certifying, deploying mission-critical applications.
- Able to work as a cooperative member of a high performing Agile/Scrum team.
- Prior working experience in a regulated environment.
- Ability to lead the development of strategic plans and operating plans, to grow and enhance quality assurance procedures, processes, and tooling.
What We Offer:
- Besides having the opportunity to work with a brilliant and globally diverse team we also offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.