Team Lead - Big Data
Interested in helping cars start talking to each other for collision avoidance? Does the thought of building tools to secure communications between millions of devices excite you? Do you want to make the world a better place? Then you might be a good fit for our team. We are out to make a difference and have fun doing it. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and local charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
As a Team Lead at ESCRYPT Waterloo, you will be working on solving tomorrow’s problems today. By joining the team that is at the forefront of the exciting new technologies, you will be working with very talented people and you’ll be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. We will combine our security expertise and automotive know-how alongside your expertise to deliver solutions that will help drive the automotive big data industry.
About the job
We are currently seeking someone who is passionate about creating innovative enterprise level platforms and making use of the vast amounts of data that is available to be explored.
In the automotive ecosystem, there are large amounts of data being generated and captured – during development, measurements, simulations, ADAS, etc. This data is currently being under-utilized and involve massive manual processing to even make use of it. In order to transform the way the automotive industry develops, we are building an automotive big data platform that enables customers to effectively store, manage, process, and analyze this data.
If you want to join a team that is open, collaborative, innovative, and at the forefront of technology, then this is the team for you.
- Working closely with the Product Owner, and other stakeholders, you would help prioritize and break down features to meet product and customer needs.
- Lead the development team to successful delivery of features and functionality each sprint cycle
- Ensure the best technology choices, architectural decisions, and design choices are made
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and other stakeholders to create epics, features, and stories
- Actively participate in the Sprint events, including: Planning, Standup, Backlog Refinement, Retrospective, and Review
- Provide mentorship, and direction to the team
- Instill a DevOps mindset in the team
- International travel
- Recruiting team members as needed
- 3+ Years of Experience in software development, with experience in data analytics, and big data processing
- Adept at system and software architectural design with cloud and microservices
- Proficient with big data tooling such as Hadoop
- Expert with Java, Python, and software design patterns
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with senior management,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (bonus for German speaking)
- Proven ability to lead a development team
Tools and Technology experience that are a plus:
- Apache Spark
- RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Cloud AWS/Azure
- Machine Learning tools/technology such as Caffe, Theano, PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.
Want to learn more about products developed at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
Explore links below
Perfectly Keyless : https://www.youtube/btBrfIrJNCI
In the news: Bosch V2X demonstration - ITS America June 2018 https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2018/06/05/bosch-develops-driver-warning-system/671125002/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/ESCRYPT
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/escrypt/
Website - https://www.escrypt.com/en
Why do people work at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
Musings from a 4 year employee:
I have a lot of creative work and flexibility. I have variety in the type of work I do. My hours are mine to distribute as I see the need and based on how I can help the team. I have the ability to work with a variety of teams. We use processes that allow us to innovate or kill quickly
- David G.
Observations from a new employee:
I enjoy working at Escrypt because of the collaborative atmosphere where teams collectively solve challenging problems. I appreciate how the work we put in delivers a smarter, safer future. Most of all, I love how the people here are not only intelligent and fun, but also personable, and honest.
- Joyce Y.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.