Technical Support Specialist
Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses around the world. That means we’ve got a lot of clients who need our support!
We’re looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our rapidly-growing Client Operations Team. You will be working with all of our merchants to help them grow their businesses through effective community building. If you love a challenging, high-volume environment and can think on your feet to delight customers, we want to hear from you!
- Speaking with our clients (eCommerce merchants) to help them get the most out of Smile.io
- Creating written and video content to empower our merchants to self-service
- Handling client inquiries, and assisting with technical and non-technical questions
- Investigation and troubleshooting of issues on clients' websites
- Proactive projects to help our clients succeed!
Required skills & experience:
- Experience working in a client or customer-facing role
- Ability to problem-solve and improvise in ambiguous situations
- Excellent communication skills
Some nice-to-have, but not required experiences are:
- Experience working in a Technical Support or SaaS Customer Service environment
- Ability to thoroughly read through a job posting, which you should mention in your cover letter
- Some programming or development experience
- Familiarity with Shopify and/or Bigcommerce
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.