You have recently completed the experience requirements to obtain the CPA designation, or are really close. You are passionate about accounting and about delivering timely and accurate financial reporting. You’ve developed a strong attention to detail and nothing gets past you. You’re interested in handling as many aspects of the accounting function as you can, to take pride in knowing they’ve all been completed properly and accurately.
What you will do:
You will be integrating technology with innovative thinking to execute and improve upon numerous accounting duties. You will drive improvements in processes and automation to support the efficient scaling of the growing accounting department. This will include:
- Contributing to the integration of different technological platforms to improve the accounting function
- Managing accounts payable, including following up on vendor invoicing and tracking of purchase orders
- Assessing and recommending complex accounting treatment for the company under US GAAP, including revenue recognition
- Reconciling inventory subledgers and reviewing inventory transactions
- Tracking fixed assets subledgers and other subledgers, including collaborating with and collecting information from different departments
- Performing bank reconciliations, accounts receivable processing, and various month-close tasks
- Other interesting projects and ad-hoc tasks as needed
You will have the opportunity to participate in many accounting projects to improve process efficiencies, bolster controls, enhance the quality of financial reporting, and overall, support the information needs of a fast-growing tech company.
What you need:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting (or related field)
- CPA designation
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting roles
- Extremely strong attention to detail with a keen focus on accuracy of numbers and financial data
- Unparalleled organizational skills to ensure no tasks or issues are ever missed or left uncompleted
- Capable of taking on and handling tasks independently, as well as of coordinating and working with different levels within the organization
- Keen analytical abilities with a capacity to proactively assess and investigate potential deficiencies and inaccuracies in financial reporting
- Adept at both oral and written communication across all departments in an organization
- Enhanced problem-solving skills along with the capacity to devise innovative solutions to tweak and improve accounting processes
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, accounting systems, ERPs, as well as general tech savvy to adapt to different platforms
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a tech start-up environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using NetSuite, especially with respect to integrating different NetSuite modules
- Experience in each major accounting function as part of full-cycle accounting
- Strong knowledge of and experience with US GAAP
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.