Canadian Digital Media Network (CDMN) Program Coordinator (Canada Summer Jobs Program)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
What is the Canadian Digital Media Network (CDMN)?
(think of CDMN as Communitech’s national arm)
CDMN is a national network of regional innovation hubs focused on supporting Canadian technology companies and entrepreneurs. The network operations team is based in Kitchener at Communitech and executes on network operations and activities. Through various program and activities the network helps companies access resources across the country and scale through global market access programs.
CDMN hubs' client companies have access to free short-term desk space across Canada, funding to help support travel outside of Canada to generate revenue or raise capital, and contacts/connections internationally to help grow their business.
We’re looking to add a highly organized and detailed oriented person to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
This role is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program which is the Government of Canada’s commitment to help young people between the ages of 15 and 30 get the information and gain the skills, work experience and abilities they need to transition successfully into the labour market.
This role will support the Canadian Digital Media Network (CDMN) team and report to Laurie Maier, Program Manager CDMN, Project Manager and Communitech Data Team.
- Support CDMN programs by processing and coordinating company expenses, while ensuring proper documentation is filed and reporting systems are updated.
- Support CDMN programs by preparing and coordinating program cohorts, by preparing the application, communications and schedule.
- Coordinate tours and virtual and in-person meetings with a variety of stakeholders such as: Government partners, innovation hubs or international delegations.
- Support planning of the CDMN fall hub meeting, by researching caterers, networking space and activity.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
- You are a high school or postsecondary student between the age of 15-30
- You are a team player and also have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-motivated and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- You’ve got an eye for detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient with G-Suite, Salesforce, and willingness to learn other software.
- Coordination and execution of a workplan;
- Plan and coordinate meeting components;
- Exposure to business email correspondence;
- Exposure to Project Management;
- Review and process expenses for approval; and
- Exposure to the National tech ecosystem and Waterloo Region tech ecosystem.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.