Back End Developer
We are changing the way utilities manage our most precious resource: water. We provide water utilities with an Artificial Intelligence driven platform to help their staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we’re able to help utilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety.
We are thinking about the future, too. We are reimagining how the operational staff of the 21st century will interact with their critical infrastructure.
The Right Candidate
In short, we’re looking for impact-minded software engineers and architects – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through artificial intelligence. As a Senior Back End Developer in EMAGIN, you’ll be responsible for maintaining data structures behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We’re looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to join our purpose-driven community as you bridge the technical and business worlds to deliver products for the global water sector. You’ll have the opportunity to lead teams in building mission critical systems and services for high profile clients globally using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment. We’re looking for individuals with a broad set of both management and technical skills.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Back End Developer, you play a major role leading a team of developers and engineers in deploying and supporting EMAGIN’s Hybrid Adaptive Real-time Intelligence (HARVI) application.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of scalable infrastructure to ingest large-scale time series
- Development and implementation of scalable, features and architecture across all EMAGIN products, providing synchronized and consistency in performance and robustness
- Work with software developers and architects to build and deploy a real-time dashboard and virtual assistant in water and wastewater facilities
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Develop scalable, and robust machine-learning model deployment, and computation mechanism for near real-time computation
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years experience with Python for backend development
- 3+ years experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB
- 3+ years experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- 3+ years experience with cloud technologies, specifically AWS
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Why we think you will love working with us.
Build something making a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a tight-knit community of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly social events
- Flexible hours
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario's Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you have the relevant experience to take them on, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.