You thrive in a fast-paced high-tech development environment. You excel at taking a high-level goal with no obvious solutions, quickly becoming an expert in the relevant areas, and creating solutions to the problem as quickly as possible.
What you will do:
In this role you will work with members of our multidisciplinary R&D team to develop, measure, and characterize complex systems. Typical activities will include:
- Developing new test methods and equipment (fixtures, hardware, software)
- Evaluating test methods for accuracy and repeatability (e.g. gauge R&R)
- Performing repeated measurements and data collection
- Analyzing, compiling, and summarizing data
- Maintaining a clean and organized lab environment
What you need:
- A meticulous nature and attention to detail
- Experience making very precise measurements in a controlled lab environment
- Experience analyzing, compiling, and summarizing data using common tools (e.g. Matlab, Excel, Python, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A hacker mentality and the ability to make stuff
- Programming experience sufficient to automate test apparatus and data collection
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks
Bonus points for:
- Experience aligning optical systems
- Familiarity with standard optical characterization tools (e.g. spectrometers, beam profilers, etc.)
- Photonics Technician designation or similar
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have most of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply! Thalmic Labs is committed to continuing to provide an inclusive environment that values multiple perspectives and diversity of experience. So give us a try-we can’t wait to meet you.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.