Analog Hardware Designer
You’re a creative Analog Hardware Design Engineer with exceptional design intuition. You want to contribute to a cool new computing form factor that has never existed before. You’ll work with our design teams to solve extremely difficult problems, meet tight deadlines, build awesome products, as well as having tons of fun while doing it. If you have a strong analog design background combined with an acute eye for detail and you’re excited to be part of a young, cutting-edge technology company, then this job may be for you!
What you will do
- Primarily analog design in low power / small signal applications
- Generating related schematics and providing layout support
- Rapid prototyping critical subsystems to mitigate design risk
- Component selection and liaising with various component suppliers
- Creating specifications, test procedures, verification reports and test fixture design input
What you need:
- 5+ years experience designing analog and mixed-signal electronics
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Exceptional analog design skills in small signal acquisition
- Keen sense of details pertaining to low power designs
- Strong simulation background, particularly with PSPICE / LTSPICE
- Experience with start-to-finish technical design of products
Bonus points for:
- Experience with optical sensors, such as photodiodes / phototransistors
- Knowledgeable about flex PCB design
- Cadence/Orcad schematic capture and layout tool experience
- Experience with bio-signals (EMG, ECG, EOG, etc) would be a huge plus
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have most of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply! Thalmic Labs is committed to continuing to provide an inclusive environment that values multiple perspectives and diversity of experience. So give us a try-we can’t wait to meet you.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.