CopperTree Solutions Inc., a Managed IT Service Provider serving Waterloo and surrounding areas, is currently seeking a full-time Project Technician with a proven record of coordinating and completing a range of IT projects and troubleshooting.
At CopperTree, we believe strongly in living and breathing our values.
There’s a spirit of adventure here – we are risk takers. We’re a highly progressive and growing organization and don’t believe in standing still. You’ll discover that you have lots of freedom here: freedom to create and innovate. We may not yet be the biggest company in our industry, but we are a leader, and are known for our proactivity. Most importantly, while you’re working at CopperTree, it’s vital to us that you enjoy your career journey.
As a result of our growing business, we are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to execute projects for our managed service clients as well as CopperTree’s internal infrastructure. Projects include server upgrades, cloud migrations, Office 365 migrations, network upgrades, backup system upgrades, ERP system migrations and upgrades, technical system discovery, and technical report development. This individual will also utilize their advanced technical and organizational skills to support other branches of the business.
The successful candidate will be able to schedule their time with both customers and vendors, possess the focus to keep projects progressing, have the ability to create comprehensive documentation, and be eager to take on all challenging technical problems that are not able to be solved by the helpdesk team. In addition to their solid technical skills, the Project Technician will have experience delivering complex hardware and software migration projects.
This is a senior technical position at CopperTree. We are looking for an individual who cares deeply about the work they do and the clients they serve, and who is eager to take on the responsibility of ensuring our clients’ success with technology.
- Schedule your time and work independently to complete all tasks.
- Implement multi-phase projects to meet the goals of our customers, driving them from kick-off to wrap-up in a timely manner.
- Provide time-sensitive support to clients on complex trouble tickets that have been escalated from helpdesk.
- Provide onsite installation services for hardware and / or software.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors.
- Meet budgetary requirements and adjust project constraints.
- Conduct yourself in a friendly and professional manner while minimizing customer impact and communicating with stake-holders during all key phases of projects.
- Be security focused and follow industry standard best practices.
- Manage down-time and customer impact.
- Ensure risks are managed while minimizing their impact on projects and customers.
- Develop templates to improve and standardize projects layouts and budgets.
- Perform technology assessments and develop comprehensive reports and recommendations.
- Create easy to follow technical documentation and user instructions.
- Work evenings and weekends when required.
- 8+ years of experience in the IT industry.
- 3+ years of experience with a portfolio of completed projects in the IT industry.
- Solid technological background with Windows domains, Office 365, networking and email.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with both end-users and technical staff.
- Firm organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience improving processes.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to discover solutions for all challenges faced.
- Have a commercial awareness to ensure our clients’ needs are met and identify opportunity for improvement.
- Mentoring coworkers to help them fulfill requirements of projects they’re working on.
- Experience building relationships with end-users and project stakeholders.
- Experience with Windows domains, firewall and networking systems, phones, email and cloud services and virtualization.
- Certifications with technology and project management an asset.
- Attractive base pay plus options for overtime.
- Opportunities for growth within CopperTree’s technical team.
- Playing a key role in a growing organization.
- Central Waterloo location
CopperTree Solutions Inc. is a growing company and an equal opportunity employer. If you require any kind of special accommodation to apply for this role, please let us know. If you are looking for a challenge and are willing to grow with us, please contact us. Thank you.