Data Entry Project Coordinator (Canada Summer Jobs Program Summer Student Position)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
This role is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program which is the Government of Canada’s commitment to help young people between the ages of 15 and 30 get the information and gain the skills, work experience and abilities they need to transition successfully into the labour market.
Communitech is currently undergoing a project to bring all teams together under a single CRM. The new system will help us to better track member engagement, target communications, and introduce our members to the right branding and programming opportunities. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone with understanding of and interest in information management.
This role will be supervised by Business Development team and will have the ability to participate in various ecosystem events as a part of the program.
Data Entry (70% of time)
- Entering client data from source documents and electronic communications to build a viable funnel of prospects for Business Development
- Compiling information to prepare research briefs for visits by prospective clients.
- General maintenance and cleanup of data in Salesforce CRM - account creation, de-duping, contact management etc.
- Create and distribute reports on sales activities, and revenue funnels, sponsorship participation and deliverables to support teams on sales and execution
- Enter costs & description of prospective opportunities and track sales offers in Salesforce CRM
- Assist the team as directed and with other duties as assigned
CRM Project (30% of time)
- Participate in data governance cross-functional working group to assess system of collecting data such as participants’ contact details, levels of involvement, recent communications etc. & discuss best practices
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and better coordinate efforts across teams to ensure better insights and relationships with our customers
- Create SOP for handling data from account interactions and maintaining data quality to be incorporated into training resources for the broader Communitech Team
Exposure to Waterloo Region’s tech ecosystem:
- Attend exclusive networking events and activities around the Hub - connect with the largest density of startups outside of Silicon Valley
- Hear from our prospective corporate clients to understand their innovation needs
- You are a high school or postsecondary student between the age of 15-30
- Proficiency with computers (i.e. GSuite, Microsoft Excel)
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Ability to be self-directed, to be flexible and to take initiative
- Attention to detail and efficient time management
- Experience with CRMs would be considered an asset
- Work well in a team environment
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.