Talent/Academy Project Coordinator (Canada Summer Jobs Program Summer Student Position)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
This role is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program which is the Government of Canada’s commitment to help young people between the ages of 15 and 30 get the information and gain the skills, work experience and abilities they need to transition successfully into the labour market.
This position will support the Talent and Academy Teams.
- Assisting in day-to-day projects and logistics for the Talent and Academy teams
- Support the coordination and event execution of Academy and Talent programming including room bookings and set-up, technical requirements, catering assistance, room clean-up and reset
- Provide administrative support to the Operations team including, but not limited to capturing key program information and metrics using the appropriate tools and produce required corporate reports.
- Represent and enable the Talent/Academy team at events where required.
- Research and source interesting learning content for possible inclusion on the Academy LinkedIn site and for the Academy newsletter
- Support the preparation of participant materials for Academy programming
- Pull or run reports for various tools/programs and distribute, as required
- Administer surveys, run associated reports and distribute, as required
- Update a variety of calendars in various locations
- Coordinate travel bookings
- Prepare material packages and SWAG bags
- Pre-session preparation, such as signage/feedback forms, gathering of miscellaneous materials for facilitator, document creation, score tallying, etc.
- Create & send Salesforce attendance spreadsheets to IT
- Customer service support on wwww.workintech.ca and other general Talent inquiries
- Other duties as required from time to time.
- You are a high school or post-secondary student between the ages of 15-30
- You are a team player and also have excellent communication skills-verbal and written
- Self-motivated and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- You’ve got an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient with Excel, Word and G-Suite
- Excellent scheduling, organization and time management skills
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.