About The Role:
The Project Manager (Technology Focus) will be responsible for managing assigned small to medium sized projects from inceptions to closing. This includes all aspects of project management; scope, schedule, cost, resource, risk and issues, stakeholders, communication, quality, procurement, and integration.
The role is based in our Brantford, Ontario office with occasional travel to clients’ and our Toronto office.
- Define and/or confirm project scope, objectives and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Define successful project criteria and expectations to communicate to all stakeholders.
- Prepare projects schedules, budget and acquire project resources both internal and external contractors.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and ensure proper mitigation plans in place to devise contingency plans.
- Manage project development from inception to completion; provide accurate and timely project status reports.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Conduct project post mortems and identify successful and unsuccessful project elements for future recommendations and action plans.
- Assist Client Services with investigations post project implementation.
- Assist Sales and Relationship managers with support for determining project scope, SOW’s and proposals.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements and assist with knowledge transfer of project processes.
- College or University degree in an IT or Business program
- CAPM or PMP certification an asset
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- 5+ years’ experience managing software development projects
- 2-3 years’ experience in the financial services or wealth management industry
- Experience managing small to medium sized (up to 250K) with financial services companies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Waterfall and Agile project management methodology
- Ability to adapt to various communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to manage conflict and build team morale.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
What’s in it for you?
At InvestorCOM, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and through our products, services and solutions to protect and strengthen their brands. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. InvestorCOM offers:
- An award-winning copany: Employee Recommended Workplace 2018; Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employer 2018; and Hamilton-Niagara Top Employer 2018
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including, profit sharing, RSP matching program, group benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative and high-performing team
- A strong focus on personal learning and development to help you reach your professional development goals
- A platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associate and management
We are a growing, highly entrepreneurial services company. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who will “own” the product(s), knows inherently what is required to be successful in the role and has the leadership skills to engage others within the organization to help drive our business forward.
Hours of Work:
Core hours of operation are 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Some project work may be required outside of regular business hours to support critical times and/or critical deliverables.