About Noble Iron/Texada Software
Noble Iron/Texada Software is building a different type of company to better service Rental, Construction and Industrial Asset Management companies globally. Our mission is make work easy, instant and more productive by providing a software and services platform that empowers our customers and us to build a better world.
We are a small but rapidly growing company consisting of a group of passionate people who are looking to dramatically change and improve the lives of business owners. We pride ourselves on questioning the status quo and exploring better ways of doing things.
We offer a diverse working environment and are looking for candidates that have an entrepreneurial mindset. If you are looking to stretch yourself and build your career at a place with plenty of challenges and opportunities, then reach out to us.
About the role:
As our new General accountant, your primary goal is to provide full range accounting support.
On a technical level, here are some things you’ll do:
- Manage Full cycle accounting (A/R, A/P, deposits, cheques, data entry, etc.) including setting up customer and vendor accounts.
- Own account reconciliations
- Collections – send regular reminders and make collection calls
- Prepare month end journal entries including but not limited to (AR, Accruals, Deferred Revenue, Prepaid and Capital Asset Entries)
- Prepare quarterly GST/HST filings
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Provide support for the year end audits
- Take on ad hoc projects as assigned by the manager or take initiative to improve accuracy and efficiency within the accounting department
- Assist setting up controls and update policies and procedures
Who you are:
Whether you’re assisting in month-end closing, account reconciliations, financial analysis, or providing support to other team members, you bring a high level of care and curiosity to all that you do. Like us, you set high standards for your work, and you care about the details.
You’re curious, with a hunger to learn. Have a can-do attitude. You love asking questions and digging in deep to find out more about whatever you and others are doing. You’re dedicated to understanding the details, and the big picture, so you can figure out how you can improve our processes in all areas of the company.
Finally, you enjoy working in a high paced environment, and with your organizational and time management skills nothing slips by you. You prioritize your tasks with urgency and deadlines in mind. You love checking things off your to-do list and getting things done.
In this dynamic role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to work as a part of a team that embraces freedom, responsibility and accountability. You’ll grow your own role as you learn how you can best serve the company. You’ll get to take initiative, have autonomy over your work and be an integral part of the whole company’s success.
Your qualifications and attributes:
- 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience
- Successful completion of a university degree with a focus on accounting
- Enrollment in CPA is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in Windows-based accounting systems
- Must be flexible in work schedule to meet the demands of quarter-end and year-end reporting cycles
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong pro-active character
Noble Iron/Texada Software provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or on other bases prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time