Senior Firmware Engineer -- Advanced R & D
Our client a dynamic, global leader in the design and development of cutting edge, embedded communication systems and devices in the areas of Connected Mobility, Internet of Things, and Advanced Networking and Controls, has a rare opportunity for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join their elite team in Waterloo.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Advanced R & D team you will be using your real-time embedded software design and development knowledge to create leading edge products to be used in systems worldwide.
- Actively participating in the definition, specification, development, documentation, maintenance, and verification of firmware designs, for one or more assigned design projects.
- Working with Systems Architects to define scope and specifications of projects through development to launch.
- Participation in design reviews.
Your previous skills and experience include:
- Fluency in embedded C/C++
- Knowledge of UML and model driven development
- Familiarity with real-time systems and real-time operating systems (QNX, VxWorks, eLinux)
- Knowledge of and/or experience in developing Ethernet based protocols, specifically work with the TCP/ IP stack and any none-standard communication protocols are assets.
- Previous experience developing for mission critical environments (Aerospace, Defence, etc.), Internet of Things, Telematics or Industrial
Compensation is competitive and includes a world class benefits package, paid education, flex time, aggressive bonus plan and the opportunity for rapid advancement.
Exceptional developers interested in exploring this rare opportunity to join a global organization that supports creativity, excellence and autonomy are invited to submit their resume confidentially to: