Mechanical Design Engineer
You’re a creative Mechanical Design Engineer with exceptional design intuition. You want to help build a cool new computing form factor that has never existed before. You’ll work with our mechanical team to solve difficult problems, meet tight deadlines, and build awesome products, as well as assisting with designing for manufacture. If you have a strong mechanical background combined with an acute eye for detail and you’re excited to be part of a young, cutting-edge technology company, then this job may be for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Translating Industrial Design to manufactured product
- Working closely with the electrical engineering team to achieve desired sensor performance and fit of components into industrial design
What you need:
- Be a Solidworks guru
- Intimate familiarity with manufacturing processes (injection molding, CNC machining, etc.)
- Experience designing complex consumer electronic assemblies
- Broad knowledge of manufactured materials and their advantages/disadvantages
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with a large EMS partner
- Experience designing wearable devices
- Experience working with analog sensing devices
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Spark Capital and Intel Capital.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide, and has gone on to win numerous awards, such as Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we encourage unconventional thinking, thrive on great communication and debate, and know how to move quickly. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning and improvement. Most of all, we set high standards and ambitious goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products.