PerkinElmer is looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to create amazing application and user experiences.
The UX Designer will design creative solutions that promote user adoption and ease of use to support the business needs. You will work collaboratively with other teams taking a project from conception, through analysis, prototyping, visual design, finally, to implementation. You should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, and be able to translate high-level and detailed requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
In this position, you will also have the opportunity to be an agent for growth, writing thought leadership articles, working on 'karma projects', presenting at conferences and similar outreach engagements.
This position calls for a technically savvy person that is equal parts research analyst, information architect and UX designer. While focused on UX design, the successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of front-end coding practices in order to effectively collaborate with the development team.
You will manage the human-centered design process, understanding real users – their goals, aptitudes, experiences, needs, and motivations. In this role, you will approach design from a user-perspective and balance users' needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities. You will be working closely with product managers, software developers and UX designers to determine necessary features and drive the design of products. The ideal candidate will have experience conducting user research, extracting requirements, designing an interaction framework, iterating on a framework, and presenting ideas to development and management as well as to industry at conferences. This position reports to UI/UX Director.
The ideal candidate would have 3-5+ years’ experience designing applications working in a collaborative, development-oriented agile team. Your background would include:
- Proven UX/UI experience
- Professional services agency experience
- A qualified candidate will have engaged in some or most of the following UX methodologies (or comparable methods).
- Experience with research methods, such as stakeholder interviews, user interviews, user personas, heuristic evaluation, competitive audit, etc.
- Experience with strategy methods such as value proposition canvas, customer journey mapping, and identifying KPIs
- Experience creating sitemaps, wireframes, user interface mockups, and prototypes.
- Experience engaging in validating methodologies such as A/B testing, user testing, or user survey
- Awareness of UX research and industry best practices
- Interest in science or related fields is an asset
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio creating wireframes, storyboards, user/process flows, personas, journey maps and other UX deliverables
- Experience or education in web development and/or solutions architecture (working knowledge of web technology, or advanced knowledge in systems design).
- Proficiency in visual design and wire-framing tools (Preferably Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq)
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Experience in the following:
- Multi-device experience design
- Graphic design, art direction and branding
- Agile project management or planning
- Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience or familiarity with marketing (strategy, or execution of marketing campaigns and deliverables).
- Organization and promptness (meet deadlines, be self-motivated)
- Ability to engage and speak with clients, and their customers with confidence and subject matter authority
- Ability to receive feedback and guidance
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Growth-minded and open to feedback related to deliverables and/or other related topic
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Collaborating with a great team including product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute visual design from concept to implementation with development team
- Guiding the team in design thinking to produce original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Staying up-to-date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies
Best of all, this is an opportunity to help shape and define organizational best practices for UX/UI design in the application development process for a market leading company.