Senior Software Developer, Digital Transformation
The Senior Software Developer, Digital Transformation, will participate in the conception, design, development and implementation of software systems related to the Digital Transformation (DT) of PerkinElmer’s Analytical, Food and Imaging Instrument businesses. The role will be part of an interdisciplinary team and will help to design and develop transformative technologies for PKI’s business, product, and project initiatives. The role will both directly contribute to (including some hands on coding), and lead, software development efforts related to Digital Transformation leveraging diverse technologies including: web/mobile interfaces and applications, cloud computing capabilities, AI and machine learning, data mining, IOT, etc.
Research, conceptualize and design DT initiatives for DAS Instrument Software product offerings
• Hands on development of future-state software components and or solutions for DT initiatives to demonstrate and refine capabilities that may/will become production ready in future releases of products
• Technical leadership of small to medium sized software development teams (both internal and external (often offshore) resources)
• Acting as a “Player/Coach”, guide and mentor development team members, with a strong focus on quality and adherence to processes and best practices
• Plan, estimate, monitor and deliver production ready software projects related to DT
• Contribute to, document and enforce Instrument Software designs and architectures
• Live the principles behind Agile in all interactions and empower team members to do the same
• Research and evaluate software technologies for potential adoption by PKI
• Stay up to date with industry and technology trends
• Work with product owners and business representatives to provide business solutions from inception to production
• Drive code convergence across product lines, establish repositories and collections of commonly used software components, and promote the use of common or standardized software tools and languages
• Participate in establishment and adherence to Software development of SOPs, best practices, guidelines, etc., as required
• Participate and contribute to Estimates, Project Plans, Budgets and Annual Operating Plan
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
• 5+ years’ work experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS, Google, etc.)
• 5+ years experience with design and development of: Cloud based applications, SaaS/IaaS/PaaS, Web interfaces and Mobile (iOS and Android) applications
• Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
• Experience with the AWS technologies: EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and S3
• Experience with authentication and authorization in the cloud, including access token and secrets management, Single Sign-On, and OAuth.
• Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (CI/CD)
• Experience with automated testing and associated tools is an asset
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
• Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities.
• Ability to lead others and resolve team issues with limited guidance.
• Experience programming skills in C#, C/C++, or other OO-languages
• Experience with frameworks like WPF, WCF and ASP.NET
• Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
• Solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP)
• Linux kernel programming experience
• Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Big Data and Data Mining, IoT, etc.
• Proven track record in guiding, coaching, and mentoring development teams
• Experience with Jira, Slack, TeamCity, Git, Reshaper, Nuget, Tomcat/IIS or similar technologies
• Experience with leading offshore development teams is a definite asset
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following is an asset: ISO 9001, IEC 62304, 21CFRp11, ISO 13485) is an asset