Lead Experience Designer
- Base Salary + Performance based Annual Bonus
- Job Function
- Design & UX
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 100,000 - 119,999
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Job Posting Description
Come join our best-in-class Experience Design Team!
We are looking for passionate, ever-curious designers to help us shape the way design is done at Manulife/John Hancock. If you are a designer who always looks for ways to improve the world around you, then we want you!
We are looking for:
- A problem-solver with ideas that challenge the ordinary - and the drive to bring them to life.
- A designer with a strategic mind-set and excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- A designer with knowledge of Service Design to apply systems-thinking to complex problems.
- An excellent storyteller who can communicate ideas, concepts and designs to all levels of the company.
- A designer who understands the digital technology and can speak to technologists
- Lead UX conversations across all stages of a project, translating research insights into memorable user experiences.
- Conduct interviews, ideation sessions, and co-creation workshops with business partners, subject matter experts and customers, for all stages of a project.
- Create Service Blueprints and Customer Journeys to understand, improve and implement seamless, coherent customer experiences.
- Take a lead role in design to produce fresh, relevant prototypes, experiences and processes in both early and late stages of development.
- Collaborate continuously with front-end development.
- Work comfortably in an agile environment.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- This is a mid-senior level position. Director Level
- This role will work with engineers and developers regularly and should be able to speak their language and have a good understanding of how back-end and front-end technologies work.
- Degree in Design or closely related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Must be well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques. Design thinkers welcome!
- Experience in a client-facing roles and working with teams on large-scale, long-term projects.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a time sensitive environment.
- Proficiency with user research, particularly with a lean approach.
- Visual design skills, including experience using Sketch, Adobe Suite, Axure and/ or similar.
- Systems thinking is highly desirable.