The Financial Analyst will report to the VP Finance. The role encompasses day to day finance operations, active involvement with month end and quarter end activities including journal entries, account reconciliations and quarterly reporting. The Financial Analyst will work with the finance team to support various reporting and data initiatives as needed by the Company’s leadership.
- Preparing monthly standard and adjusting entries, including deferred revenue, accruals and reconciliations and consolidation entries.
- Conducting monthly and quarterly account analysis to ensure accurate and complete reporting.
- Assist in the creation of PowerPoint materials for Monthly Close and Quarterly reporting.
- Preparing year-end audit schedules and assisting external auditors as required.
- Gathering data for income tax filings and monthly GST/HST tax filing.
- Act as the back up in processing day-to-day accounting transactions, including accounts payable, expense reports, accounts receivable and cash management transaction.
- Assisting in various system-related projects, including documentation of processes and controls.
- Other duties as determined that will support the business and further develop your skill set.
- A minimum 3+ years of experience in Finance and/or Corporate accounting roles
Education and Knowledge:
- A University degree or College Diploma in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Accounting designation or working towards one is preferred.
- Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve results.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Quickbooks and ERP system experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including Pivot tables, v-lookups and formulas.
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial/accounting principles.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent time management skills and success in consistently meeting deadlines.
- Discretion and professionalism are required for this role.
Client Outlook offers:
A rewarding career for outstanding professionals and a collaborative and inclusive culture, with flexible practices that focus on our people's well-being. We provide a comprehensive variety of resources to support your health and well-being needs, with benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
We are also in compliance withthe Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA) and if you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org , to provide your contact information. The HR staff will contact you within 48 hours.
We thank you for your interest, only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.