Applies developed knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete a wide variety of difficult assignments/tasks. Thorough understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature and require ordinary problem resolution and independent judgment. Works under limited supervision and normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions given for new assignments.
- Leverage understanding of solution delivery best practices to build strong partnerships with business and technical development teams.
- Maintain current understanding of Hardware & Services technology landscape, with an emphasis on workforce digitalization and other emerging print technologies.
- Working more independently and from a standard protocol to respond to customer issues. Moderate judgment may be used to supplement the outlined process.
- Partner with Solution Management resources to establish solution designs, ensuring appropriate IT infrastructure alignment with near and long-term strategic objectives.
- Successfully resolve moderate technical issues (related to hardware and software) from incoming customer contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer-relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (for example warranty through enterprise).
- Proactively assist customers to avoid or reduce problem occurrence. Participates in projects for process or quality improvements.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an IT related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience as Infrastructure/Network Security Engineer.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success managing large aspects of an Enterprise Software Solutions and related Engagement Services technologies and projects.
- Hands on experience as a technology project and/or program manager.
- Superior skills in both written and verbal communication.
- Experience in customer facing role either remote or face to face.
- Superior skills in Microsoft Office Suite, firewalls, Windows Server, etc.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada’s most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada’s Greenest employers list in 2019.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.