Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup
eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm. We specialize in web design and development, branding, communications, marketing and creative strategies. We build and offer customized and out-of-the-box digital solutions for our clients.
We are looking for a Project Manager (PM) to join our team in our Waterloo office.
About the job:
We are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing multiple website projects and their initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closing phases. This includes managing a project's scope, schedule, budget, relationships with project stakeholders, and ensuring deliverables and quality standards are being met in a fast-paced environment.
You will keep stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables, communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, motivate the project team to achieve them, and create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members. You will also perform the tasks of a project coordinator (scheduling, minutes and agenda development) as necessary.
The Project Manager position is based out of our Waterloo office, and reports to our senior manager/director. Travel is required subject to client needs.
You have excellent time management skills and scheduling abilities. You thrive under multiple deadlines and can coordinate with many different team members to accomplish a project's goal. You possess excellent communication skills and like to build and maintain relationships with your colleagues and clients.
You are assertive, results- and details-oriented, and dedicated to keeping end goals. You are able to make effective adjustments when issues arise and can keep your team on task during a project's life cycle. You are confident, can provide solutions to problems, and can think on your feet. Collaboration comes naturally to you, as does absorbing new information and new skill-sets.
You can't wait to begin your new position and lead diverse teams to success with our clients.
What you'll do:
- Identify project team at onset of project
- Position project management milestones and deliverables with clients, and effectively manage their deployment
- Anticipate next steps in a project; proactively identify changes in work scope, and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline
- Analyze risk and establish contingency plans
- Communicate and/or escalate issues early to stakeholders when necessary
- Manage third-party consultants'/contractors' deliverables and quality
- Resolve issues and solve problems throughout the project's life cycle
- Manage project budget and identify potential process improvements
- Cultivate business from new and existing client bases
- Attend shortlisting events and presentations if necessary
- Provide clients with timely quotes on new work requested
- Conduct quarterly meetings with existing clients after project completion
- Ensure on-time billing and collection
- Review support agreements and renew agreements (as appropriate)
- Review client satisfaction survey results and follow up specific issues with clients (if any)
- Gather permissions to promote success stories with highly satisfied clients and availablity as a client reference
Your skills, experience and qualifications:
- Business, Public Relations, Journalism, or any computer-related college diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years or equivalent of project management experience
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong facilitation skills
- Advanced knowledge of software development life cycles
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to work well, both independently and in a team setting
- Proven effective organization and project management skills that require flexibility, good judgment, strong leadership and negotiating skills and a solid knowledge of project management practices
- Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to make technical issues understandable for a non-technical audience
- A tenacity and patience to seek pragmatic and effective solutions with a strong focus on client satisfaction
We won't complain if you also have:
- Bilingual communication skills (French and English)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Advanced knowledge of software development life cycles
- Excellent product knowledge of most eSolutionsGroup products and services
- Management and IT consulting experience
More information about us:
eSolutionsGroup helps public sector clients across North America to connect with communities and deliver services more efficiently through award-winning design integrated with advanced web and mobile applications. 20 years in business. 350+ clients. More than 120 marketing and technology awards in the past 5 years. It all adds up. Learn more at www.esolutionsgroup.ca.
We offer a professional working environment and culture, and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. eSolutionsGroup is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, eSolutions will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.