Software Architect | eSolutionsGroup
eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm. We specialize in web design and development, branding, communications, marketing and creative strategies. We build and offer customized and out-of-the-box digital solutions for our clients.
About the job:
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our talented, well-established, client-centric IT team. The position will report directly to one of the eSolutionsGroup Principals and is based at our Waterloo office.
You want to lead the technical delivery of software solutions. You will be responsible for system design, development best practices, and development processes on a wide variety of exciting products and solutions.
As an established professional in the software space, you enjoy coaching and mentoring technical teams, defining processes, and designing large scalable systems through a hands on collaborative approach.
You have proven experience designing and architecting systems across a vast range of complexities from simple web applications to large multi-tenant Software as a Service solutions.
You enjoy working closely with other team members to ensure team success. You believe that the best way to stay ahead of the game is through continual learning and helping others to do the same.
What you'll do:
- Design and document architecture for large enterprise systems
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to translate requirements to technical decisions
- Define, document, and apply development best practices
- Continuously review and assess existing solutions to determine upgrade paths and technological upgrades that should be applied
- Coach and mentor the development leads across multiple products/solutions
- Work with leads to define scale and scope of complex systems or feature additions
- Determine and recommend appropriate design patterns to accomplish the business requirement
- Perform second level code reviews on crucial deployments
- Experiencing leveraging server less computing resources provided by cloud providers such as Azure or AWS
- Proven experience designing and implementing large complex systems
- Extensive hands on experience architecting systems using a Microsoft technology stack
- Experience leveraging server less computing resources provided by cloud providers such as Azure or AWS
- Experienced in Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
- Proven experience leading technical teams
- Experience designing SOA or platform based solutions
- In depth knowledge of development best practices and how to apply them
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner or in a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years leading technical teams
- 5+ years of product design
- 5+ years of practical .Net development experience (C# preferred)
- 5+ years of experience developing high availability Web applications
- 8+ years of experience with multiple design patterns
We won't complain if you also:
- Have experience designing mobile applications (both native and hybrid)
eSolutionsGroup helps public sector clients across North America better connect with communities and deliver services more efficiently through award-winning design integrated with advanced web and mobile applications. 300+ clients. More than 75 marketing and technology awards in the past 24 months alone. It all adds up. Learn more at www.esolutionsgroup.ca
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. eSolutionGroup is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, eSolutions will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.