Sales Engineer - Waterloo
Job Title: Sales Engineer
Reports To: Director Of Sales
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about making the complex simple – for your customers and our team. You thrive in a highly intellectual agile, scaling environment that encourages you to deliver the best. Your can-do attitude and team player approach reflects our culture and desire to be amazing!
As our Sales Engineer you will take ownership of the technical aspects of the sales engagement; Your technical expertise will be relied upon for advancing the sales cycle, ensuring customer success, and conducting demonstrations.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Own the technical relationship with customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and coordination with the engineering and product management groups
- Provide technical pre-sales support during the evaluation of our software solution
- Consult on technical features and workflows within the context of the client’s environment and goals
- Deliver on-site and web-based presentations to broad audiences
- Help identify new business opportunities
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering on product functionality and future enhancements
- Travel to client sites throughout the assigned region.
- Report and communicate key takeaways with team members, management and stakeholders
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype our client’s product integrations in customer/partner environments
- Recommend integration strategies required to successfully implement a complete solution using our client’s products
Skills and qualifications:
- College/University Degree or Diploma in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or equivalent related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing Sales Engineering role preferably in the Broadcast, Cable and/or telecom industries
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- Motivated to resolve technical challenges, find creative solutions, and make things happen
- Ability to work well independently but comfortable in a collaborative, team-enriched environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate technical knowledge for different audiences
- A desire and willingness to understand the customer domain
- Working knowledge of various technologies used in VOD and Live OTT video distribution including video and audio compression (Mpeg2,Mpeg4, HEVC, Dolby, AAC and ABR transcoding), Transport and Encryption (ASI, SDI, SCTE 2022, SCTE 35, and other SCTE standards) DRM and CDN functions and cloud-based services and architectures.
- Knowledge in major technical disciplines necessary for the end-to-end system design, analysis, integration and testing of various digital video broadcast and delivery systems.
- Exposure to video processing algorithms and libraries such as FFmpeg, LAV
- Additional languages are a strong asset
Missing a few of the requirements and not sure if you’re qualified? Let us be the judge, submit your resume!
Benefits and Perks:
- Dynamic work environment
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Office Perks: Monday lunches and a fully stocked “kitchen”
- Monthly Massage therapist visits on site
SSIMWAVE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At SSIMWAVE, we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, our products, and our community. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.