Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Spark Capital and Intel Capital.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, such as Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we encourage unconventional thinking, thrive on great communication and debate, and know how to move quickly. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning and improvement. Most of all, we set high standards and ambitious goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products.
You’re an optical test & metrology engineer. You’re creative, innovative, and you thrive in collaborative team environments and enjoy opportunities to contribute your ideas. You should feel at home at the optical bench. No matter how complex the optic or the system, you have an endless stream of ideas on how to properly test and characterize against its design intent. You would rather be working with components you have never seen before as opposed to what's standard in the industry. You are an expert in optical systems and their test solutions.
What you'll do:
- Design and own test systems responsible for fully characterizing a display system and all its sub-components. This will include things like:
- Microdisplay source characterization
- Lens parameter characterization
- Coating parameter characterization
- Interferometry measurements
- MTF measurements
- Define and own the volume test plan for optics components
- Work with electrical, mechanical, and optical teams to ensure optical systems are thoroughly tested
What you need:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience designing and developing test systems for fully characterizing complex and compact optical systems
- Experience translating prototype/development test plans to volume production test plans
- Proficiency with software and hardware required for lab/test automation
- Proficiency with GD&T, optical CAD
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills; ability to reason from first principles
- Masters degree with focus in Physics, Optics, Electrical, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Working with VR displays in the past
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Having existing relationships/familiarity with key vendors
- Being a LabView/Matlab wizard