Product Manager, V2X
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing security and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever-evolving threats. The autonomous car is upon us. Cars connect to everything — each other, traffic lights, smartphones, your favorite music streaming service, you name it. Ever wonder how those automotive systems and their data are protected? We do. Our technology is helping keep your data secure and out of the wrong hands. From the smallest micro-controllers to cloud-based infrastructure, we build solutions that let our customers sleep well at night. From the US Department of Transportation to car manufacturers and innovative local startups, our customers do exciting things and we want to help them reach their goals without sacrificing security.
We are currently seeking someone who is passionate about connected vehicle solutions. You will have product ownership of CycurV2X, our secure vehicle-to-anything communications solution. Working closely with the scrum teams as well as the larger product organization you will prioritize development efforts to meet market and customer needs on time.
- Define our V2X roadmap: in the short term for early customers, and in the long term to create sustainable differentiating value and a leading position for ESCRYPT. Each roadmap item will be presented with well-reasoned value propositions derived from interactions with technical staff, interactions with customers and sales, and from looking at the industry as a whole and predicting trends and essential or leading feature sets.
- Work closely with the V2X Technical Lead to create effective and clear feature and user story descriptions, complete with acceptance criteria.
- Be an outgoing and effective communicator and presenter, an analyser who is also full of empathy not only for the customers and the challenges they face, but also for the teams that are striving to create great solutions, where you play the role of coach and team mascot.
- Develop and present effective, polished demonstrations for prospective customers. Speak to trade show and conference audiences, or to sales people to educate them on the essential product values that will enable them to sell.
- Evaluate competition, interpret market trends, create business plans, and develop product strategies that will bring us success. Help to produce marketing materials, manuals and all user-facing documentation and electronic interfaces.
- Be passionate about customer satisfaction, especially in the areas of secure software development practices and product quality.
- Be the hub to which people in development, sales, marketing and administration turn to set the direction for the product, and the person looked-to to solve short term business problems and create long term business success. Able to assess aspects of failure and success in the current product offering, from which improvements and new successes can be built even from failure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with customers, partners, senior management and colleagues empathetically.
- Excellent business analysis skills, including the ability to ask and listen to customer needs.
- Strong time management skills to coordinate all deliverables and to consider dependencies.
- 5+ years of product analyst or product management experience.
- Knowledge of software development processes and quality production systems, including some knowledge of IT infrastructures, PKI, or cloud deployments.
- A team player with a history of meeting multiple deadlines successfully, bridges unburnt.
- Technical skills, security knowledge, business administration, German language skills all plusses.
- Fluent in English, capable of easy communication whether to a technical or a business audience.
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field.
Why do people work at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
Musings from 4 year employee:
“I have a lot of creative work and flexibility. I have variety in the type of work I do. My hours are mine to distribute as I see the need and based on how I can help the team. I have the ability to work with a variety of teams. We use processes that allow us to innovate or kill quickly.”
- David G.
Observations from a new employee:
“I enjoy working at Escrypt because of the collaborative atmosphere where teams collectively solve challenging problems. I appreciate how the work we put in delivers a smarter, safer future. Most of all, I love how the people here are not only intelligent and fun, but also personable, and honest.”
- Joyce Y.
Want to learn more about products developed at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
Explore links below:
Perfectly Keyless : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btBrfIrJNCI
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.