Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
You will be a part of a growing supply chain team, responsible for buying some of the coolest tech in the world. You look at consumer electronics and the first thing you think about is where they sourced their components. With the know how to clearly communicate and align cross-functional teams both internal and external, you will establish a high standard of excellence across the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Calculate material requirements based on order demand
- Issue all purchase orders, releases and rescheduling material for production needs
- Track receipts, expedite and resolve supply issues
- Maintain direct relationships with all suppliers to negotiate pricing, payment and supply terms for both direct and indirect purchases.
- Track inventory levels and consumption
- Contacting potential suppliers, performing reference checks, issuing non-disclosure agreements, issuing quotes, reviewing and evaluating quotes
- Maintaining all costing information and establishing a regular cost review process
- Maintaining item and vendor masters on Arena and Netsuite
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of parts (where required)
- Work closely with Accounting, Order Fulfillment, Manufacturing and Engineering
What you need:
- 5 plus years of supply chain experience within a high volume consumer electronics environment
- BS/BA or diploma in the Supply Chain Management profession or equivalent education
- C.P.P. or SCMP designation
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team player with excellent people skills
- Ability to work during evenings to communicate with remote suppliers may be required
What would give you an advantage:
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience with Arena PLM and regulatory requirements for components such as batteries and WEEE, RoHS, etc.