Job Title: Senior UX Researcher
Location: Waterloo, ON, Canada
Do you want to shape and influence the strategic initiatives that keep humanity safe from cyberthreats for millions of consumers around the globe every single day? At McAfee, we’re changing the way we deliver products to our consumers and partners by putting the customer at the forefront of everything we do. As a Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will strategically advance how McAfee ideates, builds, improves and measures its consumer products. Specifically, you will bring the power of empathy and data together to create extraordinary experiences that literally protect the world.
At McAfee, we strive to enable a world where cybersecurity is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. We believe that no one person, product, or organization can fight cybercrime alone. It’s why we rebuilt McAfee around the idea of working together. People working together. Products working together. Organizations and industries working together. Our goal is to spread this collaborative attitude to our customers, partners, even competitors. All uniting to overcome the greatest challenge of the digital age – cybercrime - and making the connected world more secure.
About the Role
- Design and conduct research studies across multiple products to derive meaningful and actionable insights about our users’ needs, attitudes, behaviors, pain points and preferences
- Collaborate closely with product leaders, designers, developers and other stakeholders to build customer empathy and influence the overall product strategy
- Partner with data analysts to balance quantitative data with qualitative user insights to uncover how our users view security to drive new and existing product experiences
- Present key research findings and recommendations in compelling and creative ways to a diverse audience ranging from product managers to senior executives
- Obsessed about customers, never settling for good enough and inspiring others on the team to do the same
- 5+ years of customer research expertise, preferably with consumer products
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, creative and data-driven environment
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Usertesting.com and Validately)
- Familiar with lean experimentation and design thinking
- Quantitative research experience a major plus!
- BA/BS degree, masters degree preferrred
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Support for Community Involvement and Programs
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.