Software Engineer, Wearable Platform
You’re a software engineer with a passion for operating systems and low-level software. You love to collaborate to produce the best software designs and architecture. You know what it means to write robust, maintainable code and clean, reusable interfaces. Concurrency and interprocess communication are your friends. Your love of software doesn’t just end in the digital world; the challenge of crafting software to interact with humans in new and groundbreaking ways is something you find exciting.
What you'll do:
- Architect, design, and develop software for a revolutionary new wearable computing system
- Write robust, re-usable software components
- Work closely with product managers and other team leads to writing functional and technical specifications
- Work closely with designers to implement novel interfaces and interactions
- Provide guidance and direction to junior software engineers
What you need:
- Strong coding skill in C++, Java, or other high-level languages
- Experience with concurrency and IPC on Android, Linux, or Unix in a production environment
- Proficiency with Python or other scripting languages
- Track record of delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Experience writing unit-testable code
- Proficiency with a VCS (preferably git)
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Bonus points for:
- Experience designing software for libraries or large, multi-modular systems
- Experience with the Qt framework and QML-based UIs
- Experience with CMake and cross-compiling toolchains
- Experience working on a product that combines both software and hardware
- Proficiency with other programming or scripting languages
- Experience using Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
- People leadership experience
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.