Who is Geotab:
Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected transportation, collects rich location, engine and vehicle behavior data to provide valuable insights for customers. Geotab is deployed worldwide in over 130 countries and is utilized by more than 40,000 customers to collect data from immovable assets through to large trucks and the latest available electric vehicles. Global demand for telematics is increasing and Geotab is rising to the challenge. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, visit us at www.geotab.com/careers or follow us on @InsideGeotab.
The Geotab EV Product Team, based in Waterloo, is the nexus for Customer Development and Customer Discovery. The team’s priority is to drive market-driven revenue growth. To achieve that, the team’s scope includes both discovery and incubation of new business models, as well as growing current in-market business models, in response to market feedback.
The Geotab EV Product Team is seeking a leader to empower, support, scale and continue to showcase what it does as a good example of effective product management within Geotab. We’re seeking a seasoned product management leader to set process, coach and grow the team, as well as build effective working relationships across the Geotab organization.
The ideal candidate is collaborative and supportive to the core, with strong communication skills and a proven track record of product management leadership.
- Lead a team of senior and intermediate Product Managers, and set them up for success to achieve business objectives across a handful of business models, working with the support of the wider Geotab team.
- Set and establish processes and fill gaps as required as we work within a smaller Geotab EV (Waterloo) team and the larger Geotab team.
- Grow and coach the team, and also foster a culture of peer-support and collaboration.
- On an interim basis, take on ownership of a product in the EV portfolio in order to get first hand experience with the Geotab / Geotab processes today.
- Post-secondary education in a related business, communications, or technical program, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in product management. Bonus if it is in a SaaS environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent, excellent listener.
- Pragmatic Marketing training/certification a strong asset
- Demonstrated resourceful and analytical mindset.
- Able to operate effectively in time-sensitive and high-pressure situations.
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and over web conference.
- Interest in electric vehicles and green technology considered an asset.