Who is Geotab:
Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected transportation, collects rich location, engine and vehicle behavior data to provide valuable insights for customers. Geotab is deployed worldwide in over 130 countries and is utilized by more than 40,000 customers to collect data from immovable assets through to large trucks and the latest available electric vehicles. Global demand for telematics is increasing and Geotab is rising to the challenge. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, visit us at www.geotab.com/careers or follow us on @InsideGeotab.
Who we are looking for:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking an EV Solutions Engineer who is technically oriented, yet has the passion and skill to explain complex technical concepts to Geotab’s key users. If you love technology and are passionate about creating best-in-class business solutions — we would love to hear from you!
What are the details of this position:
As an EV Solution Engineer you will become familiar with all areas of the Geotab product suite, and contribute to pre-sales opportunities at all technical levels. You will be engaged from the start on exciting new opportunities and challenges to expand Geotab’s footprint in the telematics industry. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for assisting the Geotab Sales team in technical account management roles, supporting product pilots, and managing special strategic projects as required. You will leverage your knowledge in all aspects of the Geotab product suite to devise and build solutions to exceed end-user expectations. This role will also support requests for for big data initiatives, which include ensuring open communication with the Data and Analytics team.
To be a successful in this position, you will be a strong multitasker with excellent leadership and time management skills to properly monitor and prioritize various projects. This position involves travel to on-site locations in order to provide in-person support to customers where necessary. You will work alongside the Sales, Software Development, Embedded Systems, Engineering Support, Business Intelligence, and Partner Account Management teams.
Duties and Tasks of this Position:
- Maintain documentation for all ongoing projects and tasks
- Learn and maintain technical knowledge of the Geotab ecosystem
- Act as main point of contact for strategic key accounts
- Provide project management assistance to key customer and resellers
- Support specific key accounts as a technical expert for current and future endeavours
- Provide Professional Services where appropriate, including pre-sales, consulting, support
- Provide customer support by advocating and steering assistance though internal channels
- Work with strategic account manager to understand the impact of new features, changes in the Geotab system on the account prior to launch
- Liaise with the PMO team to share ideas and align on Geotab project best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related
- 2+ years experience in a technical sales or account management position
- Strong aptitude for understanding technical and business requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with OBD or SAE vehicle standards an asset