Application System Support Analyst, Cloud Services
The Open Text Managed Cloud Support technical team is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who has the ability to provide exceptional technical customer support in a challenging and rewarding environment. The incumbent will be joining an emerging team that will provide world class technical customer support including hands on troubleshooting and administration to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. Their focus will be supporting Open Text Managed Hosted Enterprise Software solutions deployed within the Open Text Cloud.
You are great at:
• Utilize exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via web, telephone, or email, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy.
• Respond to and solve customer technical requests, show an understanding of the customer's managed hosted environment and applications within the Open Text cloud enabling resolution of complex technical issues. Document or Implement proposed solutions.
• Operate, manage, and administer production applications on UNIX and Windows based servers and services according to policies and best-practices.
• Respond to and troubleshoot alerts from monitoring of applications, servers and devices sufficient to meet service level agreements
• Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including Product support, IT, and Professional Services.
• Work under general guidance with results reviewed periodically, seeking approval from others on matters outside of job or role as needed
• Participate in after hours on call rotation with other staff members.
• Perform other/additional duties and projects that may be periodically assigned.
What it takes:
•5 years previous experience working within a technical support/ Application support environment supporting an enterprise-level multi-tiered application
•Experience delivering service using ITIL methodology
•Strong Windows, UNIX, and Application administration skills in a TCP/IP networked environment.
•Experience working with relational DBMS (PostgreSQL/Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL Server, mySQL)
•Familiarity with configuration and management of web/application servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.).
•Strong desire to provide exceptional customer support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution
•Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
•Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever growing and changing
•Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
•Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment
•Familiarity with Open Text products would be considered a great asset.
•ITIL certification would be considered a great asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.