Insticator improves engagement and increases ad revenue for publishers by providing interactive content while simultaneously increasing site views and driving purchase intent for brands. Over 350 million consumers are reached monthly across Insticator’s vast network of elite publishing partners, including: Warner Bros., Ancestry.com, Postmedia, Rodale, Evolve Media, Crave Media, The Atlantic and more.
Insticator empowers more than 6,000 content creators monthly, monetizing content opportunities for publishers and brands. We are a Inc 5,000 company and a Red Herring Global 100 recipient.
The Insticator Values
Many companies stick their values on a wall and forget about them. We live them every day, driving our decisions and our interactions.
- Sleeves Up - At Insticator we provide the autonomy and creativity needed to own your role, iterate where needed and drive impact on a massive scale.
- 100% Viewability - Insticator is driven by open feedback at all levels of the company. This allows us to fail fast, create in real time and create an open company culture.
- Be Defiantly Great - We’re defiant, that’s in our lifeblood, we accomplish what other people think is impossible. Challenging the status quo is our lifeblood.
- Unconditional Empathy - We operate with a level of care and respect in all areas of our business.
- Collaborate effectively with the design, product, and engineering team in New York
- Generate clean, efficient, modular, and maintainable code on both front-end and back-end.
- Continually audit existing codebase for performance enhancements.
- Develop new products from the ground up aiding in architectural decisions.
- Responsible and thorough testing of output in all supported browsers and devices.
- Maintain design standards and integrity throughout product interfaces.
- Stay abreast of programming trends and push tech forward whenever project feasibility arises.
- 5+ years experience developing production level code with back-end technologies.
- Strong Fundamental Java and Database skills
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Great communication, solid collaboration skills, with a strong teamwork ethic.
- Able to search for possible solutions and apply them.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Have solid understanding of Java (1.8 and later)
- Experience with frameworks such as Play Framework and Spring Framework.
- Extensive experience in both SQL and NoSQL with ORM frameworks. We use MySql, MongoDB, MemcacheD, Redis, Hibernate, JPA, Jedis.
- Experience with designing, developing and maintaining high traffic API’s
- Proficient with scripting languages, Linux system, and terminal commands.
- Self-driven and capable of managing multiple priorities under pressure and ambiguity.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experiences with unit testing, integration testing, system testing
- A sense of pride in building clean codes that engineers enjoy maintaining.
- Most importantly, you should be a nice person that people like to work with, you work hard, trust your judgment, figure shit out and get shit done.
We offer a diverse package and the chance to grow financially with the company:
- Stock options (so you have ownership in the company and benefit as it grows)
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Top of the line computers
- Free lunch on Fridays and office snacks
What makes us great to work for?
- Personal Impact:: You’ll be involved in planning, architecting, and ultimately releasing to production new products and features that will help drive this business forward. The work here is incredibly rewarding if you take pride in what you produce.
- Organized Team:: You’ll slot in to an incredibly efficient engineering team. An agile work environment with well defined workload, scope, and tasks that will have you focusing on what you need to do and producing great work within a two week sprint cycle.
- Fun Environment:: The engineering team here means business but has fun while doing it. We keep things light while accomplishing a ton of work in short periods of time. Everyone here is invested in what they produce but can still find the time to smile and joke around.
- Forward Thinking:: We are constantly looking to evolve. Investigating new technologies and techniques, we never stay stagnant. It’s a great group of engineers who are looking to keep learning. Management is very open to change, so introducing new ways of doing things is appreciate and encouraged.
If you have read this far, what are you waiting for? Send us a resume and lets get the conversation started!