Merchandise Associate - Cleaning/Organization/Paper Products
Responsible to the Merchandise Manager in charge of Cleaning/Organization/Paper Products for providing purchasing, administrative, and technical support to the programs and processes designed to support the Dealers.
·Assisting the Merchandise Manager and Dealers in the sourcing of products.
- Timely/accurate system maintenance for vendor and product information.
- Coordination and implementation of cost and retail pricing.
- Coordination and documentation of all details for new and existing products and Suppliers.
- Product performance analysis reporting - Sales / Vendor comparisons for assortment planning.
- Assist with timely communication to Dealers through memos and newsletters.
- Communicating and solving issues with Dealers and Suppliers on a daily basis.
- Support National marketing initiatives and programs.
- Work with Home Staff along with Vendors to resolve non-compliance product issues such as wrong/defective product, UPC issues etc.
- Coordination and preparation of Seasonal catalogues along with proofing all flyer events.
- Coordination of bulk buy drop shipments and preparing the related Direct Ship Programs.
- Coordination of semi-annual markets for Dealers: includes coordinating supplier submissions and preparing Dealer order information and promotional materials.
- Coordination of monthly and seasonal bookings for Dealers: includes coordinating supplier submissions and preparing and processing Dealer order information.
- General clerical duties as required for the smooth operation of the department.
- Other duties assigned by the Merchandise Manager.
College / University courses in business or office technology.
Three to four year’s business, retail, fashion and/or wholesale experience in the cleaning industry a definite asset.
Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Discoverer.
Working knowledge of current Home Hardware systems and processes a definite asset.
Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a group.
Ability to prioritize and react to changing situations in a busy, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Excellent organizational skills, phone manner and communication skills.
Willingness to work extended hours when needed.