Merchandise Associate - Hand Tools/Sporting Goods and Housewares
Responsible to the Merchandise Manager in charge of Hand Tools/Sporting Goods and Housewares for providing purchasing, administrative, and technical support to the programs and processes designed to support the Dealers.
·Assisting the Merchandise Manager and Dealers in the sourcing of products.
- Timely/accurate system maintenance for vendor and product information.
- Coordination and implementation of cost and retail pricing.
- Coordination and documentation of all details for new and existing products and Suppliers.
- Product performance analysis reporting - Sales / Vendor comparisons for assortment planning.
- Assist with timely communication to Dealers through memos and newsletters.
- Communicating and solving issues with Dealers and Suppliers on a daily basis.
- Support National marketing initiatives and programs.
- Work with Home Staff along with Vendors to resolve non-compliance product issues such as wrong/defective product, UPC issues etc.
- Coordination and preparation of Seasonal catalogues along with proofing all flyer events.
- Coordination of bulk buy drop shipments and preparing the related Direct Ship Programs.
- Coordination of semi-annual markets for Dealers: includes coordinating supplier submissions and preparing Dealer order information and promotional materials.
- Coordination of monthly and seasonal bookings for Dealers: includes coordinating supplier submissions and preparing and processing Dealer order information.
- General clerical duties as required for the smooth operation of the department.
- Other duties assigned by the Merchandise Manager.
College / University courses in business or office technology.
Three to four year’s business, retail, fashion and/or wholesale experience in the hand tools/sporting goods & housewares industries a definite asset.
Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Discoverer.
Working knowledge of current Home Hardware systems and processes a definite asset.
Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a group.
Ability to prioritize and react to changing situations in a busy, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Excellent organizational skills, phone manner and communication skills.
Willingness to work extended hours when needed.