You are a driven and passionate software project manager with experience in the consumer electronics industry. You have cross-functional experience with hardware, software and system engineering teams. You are comfortable working in a very technical environment and representing the customer from a product management perspective.
You possess a broad technical knowledge base, grounded in a technical degree and rounded out through experience working in highly technical environments.
You enjoy a challenge and love solving complex issues. You have a meticulous eye for detail and can hold teams accountable when they miss deliverables. You are flexible and able to react quickly in dynamic environments. You get stuff done.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more agile teams and be an ambassador of the Agile methodology
- Coordinate multiple simultaneous and interdependent software projects for a revolutionary new wearable computing system
- Work with development teams to deliver software for platforms including embedded, mobile, and web
- Develop and maintain project schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs
- Work closely with team leads and product managers to write and maintain functional specifications
- Manage communication within and between software teams
- Identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to avoid or fix them
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years project experience within software/manufacturing
- Experience with Agile or Kanban project management methodologies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong track record of delivering complex software projects on schedule
- Familiarity with the challenges and strategies involved in developing software for different platforms and environments (embedded, mobile, web)
- Familiarity with project and issue tracking and version control software
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- PMP or Agile Scrum Master certification
- Experience managing projects that involve parallel development of software and hardware
- Experience bringing a consumer product to market
- Experience with JIRA and SmartSheet
- Experience developing software as an individual contributor
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
About Thalmic Labs
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.