Software Test Engineer, Core OS
You are someone who thinks of the customer first while you dive into the low-level details of how the software works. You’re passionate about quality software and love working directly with different teams to achieve the common goal of building an amazing product that exceeds expectations. You think of yourself either as a QA engineer in a software developer body or as a software engineer in a QA body, but it doesn’t really matter to you as long as you’re working with cutting edge technologies.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for testing the firmware and software on a custom platform for our next generation computer wearables.
- Focus on areas such as power management, connectivity, charging and other relevant features.
- Build jigs and automated tests to allow us to test/validate design changes immediately.
- As the team grows, you’ll take the lead of a team of testers focused on one or more of our projects.
- All the while you’ll follow standard software testing processes while trying to think creatively about how to test our products as efficiently as possible.
What you need:
- 5+ years experience in testing OS level software, embedded products or something even more complex.
- Ability to understand and create test plans/cases from specifications or verbal communications
- An eye for detail and a passion for delivering software that provides a world-class experience to end users
- A 'do what it takes' attitude towards getting things done within tight deadlines
- Strong scripting skills in a common language.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.