Looking for your next challenge? Aterica is looking for a driven Supply Chain and Logistics Specialist who wants to see their work positively impact the lives of millions of people daily. We are looking for team members who can thrive in a focused, multi-disciplinary team delivering life-saving products at the intersection of IoT, Health, and Biotechnology.
As the Supply Chain and Logistics Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing supply chain and logistics management and procurement. This includes all aspects of purchasing, transportation and logistics, sourcing, meticulously developing and maintaining positive supplier relationships, maintaining inventory levels, contracts, and price/terms negotiations.
- Minimum of 5 years of Purchasing Specialist experience within an electronic manufacturing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and documentation
- Good understanding of contractual issues in order to advise the business appropriately and to manage risk
- Strong constructive win-win negotiation skills and experience in negotiating vendor contracts
- Previous experience in inventory and logistics management
- Previous experience with economic trades, customs, and transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and self-disciplined
- Demonstrated consistent ability to learn, apply creativity, and solve problems
- Nice to have: A keen interest in the health-tech space!
- Provide timely and pro-active information on materials and freight as requested on all request for quotes
- Negotiate supply agreements/contracts where appropriate that will include a discount structure and volume rebates.
- Participate in the vendor selection and audit programs on key/new suppliers
- Establish and maintain supplier listings and regularly evaluate supplier capabilities
- Develop and manage key supplier relationships, establishing and maintaining concrete alignment with Aterica’s needs
- Maintain awareness of classification/tariffs for existing products and materials used
- Understand documentation requirements for customs clearance
- Negotiate inbound and outbound freight contracts
- Evaluate and identify market trends for the material types we purchase
Why Work for Aterica?
- We are a team of highly motivated individuals who want to make a difference in our end users’ lives. You will get to be a part of a team that is bringing peace of mind and lifesaving technology to those who need it.
- This role offers a considerable amount of responsibility and growth.
- Competitive salary, stock options and benefits package
- Friday lunches! (catered in winter, BBQs in the summer)
Aterica is an aggressive, venture-backed, early-sales-stage start-up in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. We are a consumer-focused digital health company that develops health measurement, monitoring, and diagnostic products to enable individuals and families to actively manage their health on their own terms.
Our team is our biggest investment. We love what we do. We are problem-solvers and big thinkers. We value, live by, and actively encourage diversity, respect, intelligence, creativity, and fun, underpinned by a strong work ethic and a focus on execution. As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will be shaped by your abilities, drive, and ambition and your contribution is critical to Aterica’s technical and business success as well as its culture.
Join us and help build a great digital health company whose products improve the lives of individuals every day!
Due to the large volume of inquiries, please note that only individuals with a close fit with Aterica immediate requirements will be contacted directly. However, we do keep and regularly review all submission for any future roles.