At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Manager, Robotic Process Automation
Department: Corporate Services IT
Equitable Life is building our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Centre of Excellence and looking for a Process Automation Developer/Controller. Get in on the ground floor and help us grow our robotic automation footprint by developing and delivering automated processes across the enterprise!
Schedule and run live automation platform processes, ensure the stability of the automation platform environment, investigate any issues in the live processes, and raise change requests and respond to support calls where required utilizing the latest RPA tools. This is an amazing opportunity to be at for forefront of exciting technological advancements at one of Waterloo Region’s Top Employers for 2019!
What we offer:
- We care about a healthy work/life balance and employee wellness. Exhausted developers are bad developers. We want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- We have a great bonus structure and generous vacation allowance
- We care about your career and foster a culture of learning. We provide dedicated time to improve your skills, online and live courses, knowledge sharing between team members, and many more opportunities
- We value open, honest communication between team members, challenging each other to continually improve
- We have a company subsidized cafeteria with a variety of daily options
What you'll do:
- Obtain and maintain automation platform accreditation
- Identify and communicate technical infrastructure requirements
- Configure new automation platform processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
- Create and maintain solution documentation
- Identify, analyze, and estimate new process opportunities
- Support existing processes and implement change requirements as part of a structured change control process
- While working within project planning constraints, communicate any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly
- Create and document test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases
- Support operational teams during UAT and rollout phases
- Daily administration of the automation platform live environment (running processes, maintaining resources, viewing logs)
- Solve problems and assist in timely responses and solutions to issues that arise in the day to day running of live automation platform processes
What you'll need:
- 3-5 years of IT experience in a related field to process automation, preferably with RPA
- Experience with RPA tools like Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath would be a valuable asset
- A track record in the successful delivery and support of configuration / scripting type technology
- Solid understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution
- Willingness and ability to blend business analysis with hands-on configuration of automated processes in the automation platform product
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind and ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
- A self-starter aptitude for problem solving and an ability to adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.