React focused Front-end Developer
About the role:
As a React focused Front-end Developer at Kiite, you will collaborate with our talented and fast-moving team of Developers. In this role, you will be responsible for setting direction and best practices when it comes to Front-end development, and play an integral part in developing and directly impacting the various ways our customers use our product.
If you are a passionate and creative Front-end Developer who welcomes challenges in fast-paced environments, we would love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll:
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Collaborate with teammates to understand user requirements while developing new features and improving existing ones
- Discuss new features with our product team and help define the best solutions possible with a focus on the business needs and expected timelines
- Grow and maintain our suite of automated tests
- Investigate issues reported by our customer support or QA teams, determine impact and root cause, then prioritize and solve them
- Write quality, test-supported code and participate in peer code review
What we’re looking for:
Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the qualifications listed below - we’re particularly interested in someone that learns quickly, so if you only meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
- 3+ years of development experience
- You have experience building products with a customer centric design approach
- Solid understanding of test-driven development
- Knowledge of web infrastructure: HTTP, web servers, caching and proxies, etc.
- You have a strong sense of initiative, independence and take pride in your work
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent practical experience
Kiite’s AI-enriched playbooks let you remix your favorite resources and hacks with your best company content in a personalized hub that moves as fast as your team does.
Kiite emerged from the founding team of TribeHR and our founding team includes deep roots in the HR technology space including employment and investments in NetSuite, Oracle, Rypple, Dayforce, and Axonify. We’re a team that’s dedicated to building extraordinary workplaces, and we’d like you to join us. We care deeply about inclusion & diversity - we’ve written about it, spoken about it, and live it
The Environment & Benefits:
- Located in Uptown Waterloo, in the Communitech Data Hub | Office is wheelchair accessible|
- Flex hours & unlimited vacation
- 100% Paid, premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
Our team is over 50% women and almost 20% visible minority
Our data scientists and developers work together in an agile environment
- Kiite means “listen” in Japanese, which is apt for a company improving management