Systems Test Specialist
What's this role about?
Put your creative testing skills to work! As a systems test specialist at Auvik, you’ll be part of a crackerjack software team that’s changing how IT networks are managed. We’re looking for a shrewd investigator, resourceful problem-solver, and supportive team member who’s able to roll up their sleeves and overcome technical challenges.
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring high quality and timely delivery of product by working closely with multiple project teams
- Taking ownership of various testing activities through all stages of product development
- Effectively designing, developing and executing tests by working closely with development teams to understand system design
- Completing documentation for test protocols, results, and reports
- Using exploratory test techniques to provide early testing feedback during the design and development process
- Assessing potential security risks and devising appropriate tests to verify the mitigation of identified risks
- Ensuring traceability between test reports and system requirements
- Helping to create release-specific test plans and managing regression test suites that evolve as the product changes over time
- Identifying and developing processes to optimize the testing process at a system level, and writing scripts to automate test activities
- Accurately reporting and tracking product defects, and verifying bug fixes while ensuring other areas of product functionality aren’t compromised
- Investigating customer issues to analyze root cause and evaluate solutions
What hand-on skills do I need?
Intermediate to advanced skills in:
- QA processes and methodologies
- Testing and validating complex software
- Java, Python, or Ruby
- Relational databases and SQL
What else are you looking for?
- A fast learner with excellent problem-solving skills
- Thoroughness, precision, and an eye for detail
- Consistently awesome work, delivered to deadline
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and to seek out additional information when detail is lacking
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution while using help from others
- Ability to work in a highly technical, fast-paced environment where you’re working on a whole bunch of different things at once
- A passion for breaking things
- Experience working with AWS, CI/CD frameworks, and testing tools such as Selenium and Cypress
- Experience testing SaaS products, implementing new test frameworks, and modifying existing frameworks based on the project needs
- Basic knowledge and understanding of computer networking and the MSP (managed service provider) industry
Auvik is a venture-backed software company that's changing the way IT service providers manage client networks. We were recently named to the ChannelE2E 100 list, which identifies top disruptors and innovators in the IT channel. Awesome or bust — those are words we live by. We're headed all the way to the top and looking for people with the smarts, talent, and drive to join us. Are you up for it?
For more information, visit www.auvik.com.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We promise a response to every application.
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.