Enlighted is a trailblazer bringing commercial buildings into the IoT — and we’re looking for the brightest minds out there to help drive that transformation.
We build an end-to-end IoT solution from sensors to cloud-based Big Data and web-based applications with the big mission of helping our customers meet their sustainability challenges while saving both money and time. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 90% at a large and growing number of Fortune 500 companies. And, once installed, intelligent lighting networks forms the basis for new IoT applications in commercial buildings such as space utilization, traffic flow and asset tracking allowing customers to see for the first time how their buildings and assets are being used.
Enlighted is part of the Siemens family of companies, combining the agility and culture of a start-up with the global reach of an industry heavyweight. As part of Enlighted Waterloo, you will join an energetic, cross-functional team working to seize an enormous market opportunity, backed by all the resources of Siemens, with approximately 4,300 employees across Canada who work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing.
If you’re interested in pushing forward the frontier of intelligent buildings while helping solve the global energy crisis in an entrepreneurial and problem-solving environment, Enlighted is the brightest career move you can make.
Enlighted is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Web Technologies for our customer-facing web applications, working closely with the cloud data engineers to design and develop the next set of capabilities in our IoT platform. We’re looking for people with strong experience in designing and developing web applications, with a focus on displaying and visualizing analytics and spatial data. If you have a background in web applications, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Develop and extend the existing web applications for current IoT products
- Develop intuitive, attractive and usable interfaces in cooperation with UI designers
- Design new features to address customer use cases in existing markets
- Work closely with product management and with customers to understand how products could be more effective, and put those insights into action
- Work closely with cloud data engineers to develop scalable, usable interfaces and APIs that allow the development of new capabilities
- Identify opportunities for system improvements that can enhance the operation of the entire end-to-end system
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware, software, cloud development and product management.
- 5-10 years experience in Web UI development with a passion for customer success
- 5 years experience with Web frameworks such as React, React Native, Angular
- 5 years experience with Java
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with single-page app design and development
- Experience with Kafka client libraries and other web back-end capabilities
- Experience with DB technologies (Cassandra, Mongo, PostgreSQL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.