Principal Data Engineer
Enlighted is a trailblazer bringing commercial buildings into the IoT — and we’re looking for the brightest minds out there to help drive that transformation.
We build an end-to-end IoT solution from sensors to cloud-based Big Data and web-based applications with the big mission of helping our customers meet their sustainability challenges while saving both money and time. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 90% at a large and growing number of Fortune 500 companies. And, once installed, intelligent lighting networks forms the basis for new IoT applications in commercial buildings such as space utilization, traffic flow and asset tracking allowing customers to see for the first time how their buildings and assets are being used.
Enlighted is part of the Siemens family of companies, combining the agility and culture of a start-up with the global reach of an industry heavyweight. As part of Enlighted Waterloo, you will join an energetic, cross-functional team working to seize an enormous market opportunity, backed by all the resources of Siemens, with approximately 4,300 employees across Canada who work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing.
If you’re interested in pushing forward the frontier of intelligent buildings while helping solve the global energy crisis in an entrepreneurial and problem-solving environment, Enlighted is the brightest career move you can make.
Enlighted is seeking seasoned engineers to innovate, design and develop smart building applications on our Big Data platform. Our game-changing sensors collect actionable, real-time data on all aspects of a building enabling a host of smart apps that address comfort, security and location-based services designed to meet the preferences and specifications of various commercial real estate use cases.
- Design, develop and innovate applications on our Data platform using data collected from our game-changing sensors deployed in many Fortune 500 companies
- Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of work committed for a release or update
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow
- Demonstrate and showcase highlights of contributions for product releases and updates
- Contribute ideas for continuous improvement of the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
- Propose and execute on mini-research/prototype projects that introduce innovative solutions to new or existing problems
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware, software, cloud development and product management.
- 10+ years coding experience in Java, J2EE, with solid computer science fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience design and development of data platform with some combination of the following technologies: Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, and Spark
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, tight schedules, tight integration with QA and product management
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications
- Recent experience in working with Startups is highly preferred
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Engineering
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.