You're a champion for the user with a passion for crafting engaging and intuitive experiences. You love experimenting with technology and aren’t afraid to fail on the path to deeper understanding. Function and efficiency are as important to you as aesthetics. You strive for continuous improvement in both yourself and your team. You're thoughtful and creative, with a need to express yourself through hands-on work. You are excited to work with other talented designers and software engineers who are pushing the boundaries of human-computer interaction.
What you’ll have the opportunity to do:
- Develop clean, intuitive, and flexible user interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Design web pages that display our company’s personality and identity in unique ways
- Collaborate with marketing to implement go-to-market strategies and provide analytics
- Help internal teams visualize data critical to solving hard problems
- Ensure our sites look beautiful on any screen and are accessible to everyone
- Stay up to date on design trends and cutting-edge web technologies
- Work closely with product management, designers, manufacturing, and other teams to take products from concept and design to release
What you’ll need:
- Experience building and testing cross-platform user interfaces
- Experience planning and estimating software development tasks in an agile environment
- Broad understanding of the design and architecture of modern web applications
- Experience with Node.js, React, and CSS Preprocessors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with a VCS (preferably git)
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Other skills you want to develop or already have:
- Backend development experience
- Mobile development experience (either native or using a framework like Cordova or Xamarin)
- Experience with Less (or other CSS extension language)
- Experience building isomorphic web applications
- Experience using Electron (or similar tools) to convert web apps into native apps
- Proficiency with other programming and scripting languages
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
- People leadership experience
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
About Thalmic Labs:
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.