Principal Software Developer - Machine Learning
We are currently seeking a Principal Software Developer to join our new Intelligent Suite team in Kitchener-Waterloo.
About Oracle NetSuite
At NetSuite our goal is to transform how businesses operate. We help businesses achieve their vision, no matter the size or industry. We’re the #1 cloud business software, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, in more than 100 countries. Find out more about Oracle NetSuite at www.netsuite.com.
About the Role
This critical role will be responsible for conceiving, planning, and building the Machine Learning engines that will provide our customers with intelligent insights throughout NetSuite. The role will involve working alongside Data Scientists and across departments throughout NetSuite.
We’re looking for someone who loves to work across a large, geographically and culturally diverse product organization, lead a small team from a technical perspective, create innovative and industry leading software, and is always looking for opportunities to improve aspects of our intelligent assistance features.
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining the Data Learning engines behind Intelligence features
- Proposing appropriate tools (languages/libraries/frameworks) for implementing projects
- Keeping up with best practices and being a continual learner
- Mentoring less experienced developers
- Working with local and remote teams to accomplish their intelligent feature goals
- Championing the code, API, and framework that will ultimately lay the foundation for enhanced features
- Working side-by-side with cross-functional teams in their agile environment
- Identifying opportunities to improve and enhance our customers experience with our software
- Following QA and Deployment processes and best practices
- Practicing agile, clean software development
You will fit perfectly if you have the following:
- Strong software architecture understanding
- Desire to delight the customer by taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of projects
- Strong focus on quality software engineering
- Fundamental awareness of experimental development and prototyping
- Proficiency at ramping up quickly to understand multiple project spaces
- Strength and comfort in Unix systems
- Strong understanding of distributed architectures is a bonus
The person we hire will enjoy:
- Healthy breakfast options every morning.
- Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth.
- Oracle equity in the form of stock options and RSUs.
- RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary.
- Working in an Agile environment. We can proudly say that Scrum works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, and retrospectives.
- Board games, card games, video games, and donuts.
- Bachelor's degree in a computing field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated recent experience with Machine Learning
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience with Java, Python, C++, Web technologies
- Intimate and working understanding of modern API applications from database to endpoints
- Proficient communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Skills to debug and understand large Java and SQL code base
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 19000FE8